Marina Projects Ltd has renewed its contract with the British Marine Federation (BMF) to offer a Consents Hotline for Dredging & Marine Works to member organisations for another 3 years. Member businesses that need advice on any marine related consent requirements and related legislation can contact Marina Projects quoting a unique reference number provided by the BMF.
Brian Clark, Head of External Relations at the BMF noted “The consent regime in the marine environment is extremely complex and with a significant current focus on marine planning and marine conservation issues we view this service as an invaluable benefit for our membership. The value of the Marina Projects advice was demonstrated recently when provided some valuable input to the UK Government’s Better Regulation Executive which has resulted in an improved understanding of the industries issues and a range of positive measures being announced that will help to resolve some of the existing burden arising from the current licensing system.”
Marina Projects has a proven track record in this area consenting a range of prominent marina schemes in the UK. The most recent success was securing a Marine Licence for Premier Marinas Ltd to undertake capital dredging and pontoon works at Gosport Marina.
The hotline service provides members with preliminary advice and covers issues such as:
- General guidance on marine consenting issues including dredging
- Guidance on the Marine Licensing Regime including the Water Framework Directive compliance assessments
- Outlining the range of marine consents and legislation likely to impact on specific activities
- Consultation requirements
- Providing an understanding of the environmental designations which can impact on marine works and/or development proposals
- Relevant environmental assessment legislation and requirements including Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA)
- Guidance on protecting businesses from neighbouring development proposals and activities.
Having supported the BMF for over 13 years with advice in relation to various marine consents and providing input on a range of related legislative consultations, including The Marine Bill and Water Framework Directive, the team at Marina Projects is the perfect service provider. Their extensive experience in dealing with complex coastal and marine legislation and the associated environmental impact assessment process is unique and therefore means that the Company can provide more comprehensive advice and support than others in this field.
Mike Ward, Director commented:
“We are really pleased to have extended this service for a further three years. We believe it is vital for marine businesses to have a detailed understanding of what is involved in the consents process at the outset of a project. The legislation surrounding dredging and marine works consents is extremely complex, we aim to answer members’ queries, identify the pitfalls and put them on the right path to securing the necessary consents.”
All members are entitled to one free hour per financial year, further consultancy time and advice is available on a paid fee basis. Non BMF members can also contact Marina Projects for support and advice.